Downloading GameRanger for Windows
A place to Play Close Combat
If your GameRanger download did not start automatically, click here.
- Getting Started
Download and install Gameranger. GameRanger runs on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X.
- Create a new free account.
GameRanger will prompt you to create a new GameRanger account or use an existing one, and you will need to enter your valid e-mail address. You should use the address your friends are most likely to know.
- Activate your account and log in.
Within minutes you should receive a confirmation e-mail to activate your GameRanger account. If it's not in your inbox, try looking in your junk folder, and mark it as a trusted-sender, or "not spam." Adding the sender to your address book is also a good idea.
- Invite your friends.
Under the Community menu, there are various options to invite your friends to try GameRanger. You can also search to see if they already have GameRanger accounts.
- Host or Join a game.
To join an existing game, select a game room from the list and click Join Game. If the game room has a green dot next to it, then it is already playing. Some games do not allow you to join if they have already started. Alternatively, you can create a new game by clicking Host Game.
- Supported Close Combat Platforms.
Close Combat: Cross of Iron
Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem
Close Combat: Modern Tactics
Close Combat: The Longest Day
Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein
Close Combat I
Close Combat I - Demo
Close Combat II - A Bridge Too Far
Close Combat II - A Bridge Too Far Demo
Close Combat III - The Russian Front
Close Combat III - The Russian Front Demo
Close Combat IV - Battle of the Bulge
Close Combat IV - Battle of the Bulge Demo
Close Combat V - Invasion Normandy
Close Combat V - Invasion Normandy Demo
*GameRanger will autolaunch and autoconnect you and your opponent without any special firewall configuring
- Troubleshooting GameRanger.
If the game launches and simply stops at the main menu, or multiplayer screen and does not advance, close Close Combat and attempt to reconnect.
- GameRanger does not require you to open any ports on your firewall, the passage of data from one PC to the next is all handled by GameRanger.
- When hosting a game in GameRanger, you cannot manually start the game.
- Firewall Settings for Manual Connections.For Close Combat 1 through 5, including Cross of Iron and Modern Tactics;-
- Open the port range 2300-2400 for TCP
- Open port 47624 for TCP
For Last Stand Arnhem, Wacht Am Rhein and The Longest Day;
- Open ports 6073 and 47624 for TCP
GameRanger requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Mac OS X.
- Firewall Settings for Manual Connections.